The San Diego Foundation has provided a grant to the Classroom of the Future Foundation in the amount of $500,000 for the purpose of “Supporting San Diegans in need as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.” This grant is made in support of the Classroom of the Future Foundation COVID-19 Public Education Response Fund to address the digital equity gap that is halting access to education for San Diego County students in the wake of COVID-19.
- Support approximately 19,000 San Diego County students with a focus on the highest-need districts in North, East, and South County and vulnerable populations including students enrolled in Juvenile Court & Community Schools, migrant education, and those with special education needs.
- Provide mobile hotspots with connectivity for three months, with priority to families with two or more students
in the home.
- Facilitate low-cost broadband access for three months, with priority to the highest-need families with two or more students in the home.
- Provide Chromebooks to 250 students from tribal communities in rural school districts.
Application for Grant Funds
- Complete the online application form below by our deadline of Friday, July 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Application Review Process
- Our committee will review all applications by Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Applications will be prioritized by families with the highest need, based on Free or Reduced Price Meal (FRPM) data.
- Priority will also be given to families with two or more students in the home.
- Distribution of connectivity and device solutions will be provided through our partnership with the San Diego County Office of Education.
APPLICATION FOR COVID-19 FUNDS FOR CONNECTIVITY AND DEVICES
- Please provide anticipated or forecasted numbers for Fall 2020.