Today, almost a third of our students nationwide leave high school without the skills necessary to succeed in college, to participate in a 21st century workforce, or to earn a family-supporting living. San Diego students are not excluded from this problem. In fact, there are 43,000 young adults in our community that are disconnected, not working or in school.
We believe that the expansion of career pathways for San Diego students are a means for equity in education. Furthermore, we believe that by collectively working to increase the number of work-based learning opportunities available, we can prepare our students for the jobs of the future. With the generous support of INFORM Journeys and other funders, the Classroom of the Future seeks to address this problem through the Career Pathways Initiative. The goal of this initiative is to provide every learner with a relevant experience to be future ready. To that end, CFF works to convene the business and education community throughout the year, offer professional development to educators, provide career discovery experiences to students, and support regional career pathway collaborations.
This initiative includes the following components:
- Annual Career Pathways Summit
- Networking events throughout the year to bring educators together with industry
- Career Discovery Experiences, or a 4-6 week curriculum that provides students with exposure to priority San Diego industries through learning in the classroom, virtual interactions with industry experts, and in-person visits to industry
- Support for the San Diego County College and Career Readiness Consortium and One San Diego Skills for Success.
Together, we can prepare our students to be our future workforce.
- Participate in the Annual Career Pathways Summit and networking events
- Sign up your business to participate in a Career Discovery Experience
- Express interest in your school implementing a Career Discovery Experience
- Sign up your business to participate in One San Diego Skills for Success
To learn more about these opportunities and get involved with the Career Pathways Initiative, please email Jane Schlosberg, at firstname.lastname@example.org.